Thursday, June 2, 2011

"this lunch break is going to take all afternoon, and half the night"

I've been feeling very vintage lately - not in an old kind of way, more in a look how much I can grunge everything up kind of way. Erica Zane's Happy Snapper (and Happy Housemaker - let's just be honest, I bought that one to continue on my vintage binge) was pretty much perfect for that.

Messing with photos is so much fun. Not that this photo wasn't old enough to begin with - J can't be any more than three here - but adding some texture, and fiddling around with the colors to give it this real vintage lo-fi feel, just gives the photo more interest. Of course, I'm sure there are some people reading this and going "But Lia, this picture captures a memory of J. Isn't that interesting enough?" But hey, I've always been, bigger and bolder is better.


I gave this picture of K much the same treatment, a little less extreme, but the process was the same. And look, I keep saying I don't know what to do with all those fun banners...


And let's just take a moment to praise the puppet warp feature in CS5.5. Those ribbons were not anywhere close to being straight.



And one more (well, there is a second side to this one actually; I put it together as a 365 page before I realized I didn't have the pictures for it, oops). Using music on my scrapbooking pages is too much fun though.

No comments:

Post a Comment